27 August 2007

Pasta Cafe, Ngee Ann City

Happened to be at Ngee Ann City on a Monday night and decided to pop into Pasta Cafe for dinner since there wasn't a queue. This Jap-Italian fusion cafe seems to be rather popular; there is a perpetual queue during weekends. I guess it should be quite good?

Not exactly a huge fan of pasta; what attracted me was the Combo promotion which consisted of an appertiser, a spaghetti and a gratin for $22.90++. I always like ordering small portions of food with more variety, so this suited me fine.

My choices were mushroom soup, seafood tomato spaghetti and spinach & beef gratin. I quite enjoyed the mushroom soup; it was creamy with bits of chewy mushroom but a tad bland. The spaghetti and seafood was ok, though the tomato sauce was a little diluted. I liked the spinach and beef gratin which was piping hot with generous amount of cheese.

Hubby had caesar salad, black pepper beef spaghetti and bacon & potato gratin. I guess he was quite satisfied with the meal. But the portions seemed too small for him. On the other hand, I couldn't really finish mine.

In a nutshell, it was a satisfying meal, but nothing spectacular to rave about. Then again, I'm not a fan of pasta.

Pasta Cafe
391 Orchard Road #B2-37
Ngee Ann City
Tel: 67341638
http://www.pokkafood.com.sg/pasta/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment