08 October 2007

First attempt at Hazelnut & Cinnamon Biscotti

After attending the Macarons & Biscotti Class, I dropped by Phoon Huat to get a bag of hazelnuts. Since biscotti are a breeze to make and I have all the other ingredients at home, might as well have a go at it.
Indeed, it is easy. The only thing is the waiting time - for the sticky loaf to harden at least 1 hr in the fridge before baking; the first-baked loaf to cool to room temperature before slicing; the twice-baked slices to cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.

The patience paid off handsomely and my first attempt at Hazelnut & Cinnamon Biscotti was a success! I love the aroma of hazelnut and cinnamon after baking, a heavenly combination. Shall experiment with some flavours next time, like Joycelyn's suggestion of cranberry and pistachio.
But for now, time for some nice artisan tea to go along with the biscotti (P.S. I don't drink coffee).

No comments:

Post a Comment