09 December 2007

Easy Comfort Desserts by Shermay

Despite my busy work schedule, I specially took a half day on Friday to attend the Easy Comfort Desserts 2 taught by Chef-Owner Shermay herself.
Actually I'm not so much into the chocolate desserts, I'm in solely for the Self-Saucing Sticky Date Toffee Pudding and okay, maybe Egg Nog. Ever since I tried the Sticky Date Toffee Pudding at Marmalade Pantry, I couldn't forget the orgasmic taste. Opps, I think I'm a little too exaggerated here? But that was the first time I enjoyed a dessert so much.
Although the presentation looks pretty humble and is different from what I tried at Marmalade Pantry, it tasted rich with a moist texture. And is really easy to make. I love it!
Dense dark bittersweet Valrhona Chocolate with Grand Marnier. There are many ways of presenting dessert as demonstrated - in a large bowl, garnished with chocolate shavings and raspberries.
Or in chic looking expresso cups or mini glass (candle holder in fact).
Variation from the chocolate pots - a light & rich chocolate mousse which can be piped into store-bought tart cases lined with dark chocolate and topped with rasberry and icing sugar.
With gold leaves and gold dust - definitely impressive enough to create an impression if you are serving this to guests.
Or better still, serve the mousse in a martini glass. Anything served in a martini glass creates a wow factor it seems.
Cream Brulee which is essentially vanilla-infused egg custard with a crispy caramel crust baked in a ramekin and is always an all-time favourite of dessert lovers. It's really easy to make as well :D

And of course, the cooked version egg nog, supposedly a rich creamy Christmas drink garnished with cinnamon and freshly grated nutmeg. I love the creamy richness of the milk, cream and egg. The rum and spices add depth to the drink and I confess I'm quite hooked.

Do we drink this only during Christmas? I guess because it goes really well with the Christmas Stollens and Puddings. Yummy... must drink as much as I can this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment