01 January 2008

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to Dreamersloft!

How time flies! Cliché, but true indeed. 2007 has been a busy year.
My lifestyle department was decorated with indulgences and discoveries of all sorts - new shops, interesting eateries, pampering spa treats, achieving advance dive certification, going places, baking, blogging...
Some highlights
Diving
Made 4 dive trips in 2007, 1 of them for Advanced Diver Certification. Since my Open Water Diver Certification in May 2006, we had clocked a total of 35 dives in 7 trips.
Each dive was an adventure. Our passion for diving and underwater photography has been growing. Hopefully we could make more trips in 2008. *We are embarking on my 1st dive trip of 2008 to Sipadan in Jan!
Baking
Since attending my first class at Shermay's Cooking School, I am hooked to baking! Can't remember what got me started, could be the cupcake craze. A recap for all the baking classes attended.
Attempted several of the recipes and I'm proud to declare most of the bakes were successful and some even became my signature dishes :p I truly enjoy the baking process. Check out my entries under "Baking". And of course, have been adding bakeware to my already cluttered kitchen and always lamenting the lack of space for more sophisticated equipment. Regardless of the space and equipment constraints, my hope for 2008 is to bake more, trying on new recipes and perfecting learnt ones :) *Have registered for a CNY class in Jan!
Vacations
Not counting the dive trips and road trips to Malaysia, the most notable would be my most recent vacation to Kansai, Japan (would be blogging about the trip the next couple of weeks, hopefully). Other than that, the rest are short haul travels to Bangkok, Thailand and Bintan.
Flipping through my passport, I realised I have been travelling almost every month if I were to count every trip. Hmmm... happening ya? Hope that 2008 would just be as colourful!
Blogging
It has been a year since I set up my blog, Dreamersloft :D Yeah, Happy 1st Birthday! Maintaining a blog is not easy as it seems. I have so much to blog about, so many photos to post but could only manage an average of 5 entries per month. Perhaps I have been nit-picking, making sure photos were edited and content read through several times before publishing. Or maybe I was plain lazy :p But sometimes, after a day in the office and dealing with tonnes of paperwork, the last thing I want to do is to write some more. Excuses, again :p

So far I've stuck to my personal conviction to make Dreamersloft a virtual space to feature positive feel-good quotients, lifestyle desires and indulgences. Therefore, have refrained from any sort of negative emotions, rants or complaints in the blog. Well, it's not as if I'm always a happy person. I do have my ups and downs, many moments of frustrations but I think it's better not to spread negativity around. Hence shall keep the blog this way, happy thoughts as far as possible.

Anyway, in 2008 I shall be more diligent in blogging, clear my backlogs and provide more up-to-date entries.

Here's to a better 2008!

No comments:

Post a Comment