04 January 2011

Festive Treats 2010

For the annual Christmas/New Year gathering with my close friends this year, I was cracking my brain on what to gift? Finally decided to bake something for them, one of my favourite cake, Carrot & Walnut Cupcake with White Choc Cream Cheese Frosting.

The party was on Sunday, so sent dear son to his grandma's place on Sat so that I could bake in peace. I could never bake with him around. Oh, how I enjoyed myself, a good solid afternoon of baking and packing the goodies. Had to bake 2 batches, since our group had more than doubled from just 11, with the inclusion of the spouses.
The packaging was lovely, wasn't it :) I fell in love with the pale blue snowflake design from Martha Stewart the moment I saw it at Shermay's Cooking School.
The cupcake cases were lovely too. Alas, forgot that the carrot cake is dark in colour and very moist so the design couldn't be seen at all :(
Was quite pleased with how the presentation turned out, though it was actually quite tedious to assemble the packaging and pack the cupcakes. Also have to be careful in the storage and transport, but looking at them, it was totally worth it.
Couldn't resist eating the cupcake, hey I got to do taste test right? A perfect excuse to indulge :p Hmmm, yummy. The cake was flavourful with sweetness of the carrot, crunchy with bits of walnut, slight tang with orange juice and zest, and complemented with rich aroma of spices. Tip of the iceberg, the white choc cream cheese frosting, such a harmonious marriage.

Hope my dear friends of more than 15 years had enjoyed this little labour of love. Merry Christmas 2010 and Happy New Year 2011!

2 comments:

  1. So lovely! I've been eyeing the Martha Stewart packaging too but Shermay's is really far. Love your festive bakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allie,
    I couldn't resist stuff from Martha Stewart :p

    ReplyDelete