10 December 2011

Grilled Salmon with Potato Salad

There was a period of time (when I was still breastfeeding) where I had salmon once or twice a week, until I was totally sick of it. Nowadays, I hardly touched salmon as I still had this phobia of over-dosage.

Recently I came across a recipe in I-Weekly which featured Grilled Salmon with Potato Salad which was slightly different from how I used to prepare salmon. Basically the mashed potato salad was spreaded on top of a slab of pre-panfried salmon and then grilled. Well, I thought, why not give it a try? The recipe included sides/garnishes like deep-fried lotus root and broccoli but I just substituted with baby spinach and grilled cherry tomatoes. The dish turned out to be quite yummy; the grilled potato salad was a nice twist which was crispy on the surface and creamy on the inside. Not bad at all, I guess I could make this as my lunch once in a while.



Grilled Salmon with Potato Salad (serves 1-2)

Ingredients
  • 2 pc salmon (about 70g each)
  • 1 pc white onion
  • 100g russet potato, peeled
  • 1 pc hard boil egg, separated into egg white and egg yolk
  • 1/4 pc red paprika (I omitted)
  • 30g mayonnaise
  • 10ml olive oil
  • salt (to taste)
  • pepper (to taste)
  • seaweed powder (to taste, I substituted with mixed herbs)
  • Sides/Garnishes like broccoli, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius.
  2. Chop up boiled egg white and dice onion finely.
  3. Boil potato till soft and mash. Place in big bowl.
  4. Mix mashed potato with egg yolk, egg white, mayonnaise, onions, olive oil, salt and pepper.
  5. Wash salmon and pat dry with kitchen towel. Marinate salmon with salt and pepper.
  6. Pan fry salmon in a pan till slightly brown then place on a baking tray with aluminium foil.
  7. Spread the mashed potato salad onto the salmon.
  8. Grill salmon in oven at 200 degree celsius for 8-10 mins till golden brown. Sprinkle with seaweed powder or mixed herbs and garnish with cherry tomatoes, baby spinach etc. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment