06 December 2011

Steamed Flax Seed Milk Flower Rolls

The other day, I came across this Steamed Flax Seed Milk Flower Rolls recipe by Wendy of Table For 2, and decided to have a go at it as I have a bottle of ground flax seed sitting in my fridge for some time now. I bought it for dear son to add in his cereal but it's taking forever to finish.

Armed with techniques learnt from Chef Valerie's Pau Workshop and experience gained from my previous attempt on Homemade Pau, it was quite a smooth process; moreover Wendy provided a very comprehensive step-by-step pictorial guide on how to roll and twist the dough into beautiful flower shapes. More practise needed though as I just couldn't twist the rolls nicely enough like Wendy's.

I love the aroma of the steamed rolls which were really fragrant with the addition of flax seed and milk. But somehow the rolls didn't turn out as fluffy as Wendy's. Hers had light and fluffy strands but mine didn't. The rolls tasted nice when hot/warm but turned hard when cold. Luckily dear son and hubby still found them edible. I guess I need more practise then. Fret not as I still have half a bottle of ground flax seed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment