13 January 2015

Yuzu Marmalade/Korean Citron Tea Chicken Wings

Ever since I made my Yuzu Marmalade, I've been eating it sparingly, enjoying it with toast most of the time. Then yesterday I was going to cook chicken wings for dinner and deciding over the method and a thought came to my mind about using yuzu marmalade. Lemon or orange chicken is a popular Cze Char dish so most probably yuzu chicken could work as well.

It's actually very simple, I marinated the wings with yuzu marmalade or Korean Citron Tea, soy sauce, salt, cooking wine and pepper for at least an hour. Then I air-fried the wings for about 9-10 mins, turning over 2-3 times and glazing with more yuzu marmalade (can also oven-bake). Instead of air-frying, could also deep-fry the wings and glaze with yuzu marmalade after that. Or coat the wings with some corn starch, deep-fry then drizzle a yuzu sauce.

The yuzu wings tasted so yummy with the tangy and fragrant yuzu marmalade! I think up next I may try deep-frying chicken chop coated with corn starch then drizzle with a yuzu sauce =D



Yuzu Marmalade/Korean Citron Tea Chicken Wings

Ingredients
  • 10 mid-joint wings
  • 1 tbsp yuzu marmalade or Korean Citron Tea
  • 2 tsp light soy sauce
  • 2 tsp mirin or chinese cooking wine
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Dash of pepper
  • 1-2 tbsp yuzu marmalade for glazing
  1. Wash and pat dry the wings using kitchen towel.
  2. Marinate the wings with yuzu marmalade, soy sauce, cooking wine, salt and pepper, for at least 1 hour.
  3. Air-fry the wings in air-fryer at 160 degree celsius for 9-10 mins. Turn over the wings after 5 mins, glaze. Then at the last min, turn over the wings again and glaze.
  4. Place the wings on serving plate, glaze one more time, topping with a bit of yuzu peel. 
  5. Best serve hot. 

2 comments:

  1. Yummy. I like the idea of citrus in cooking and baking. And Yuzu? To die for! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Korean Citron is very good harmony with Chicken.

    ReplyDelete