28 April 2015

Quick & Easy Kimchi Wings

Once in a while I will this crazy kimchi craving, and include it in everything I eat, like noodles, rice, meat etc. Anyways, kimchi has become a staple in my fridge ever since I started cooking Korean food, along with Gochujang (hot pepper paste) and Doenjang (soybean paste).



Since I had some chicken mid-joint wings in my freezer, I decided to make a quick and easy kimchi chicken wings. It's certainly much faster and fuss-free than the Yangnyeom-tongdak (spicy fried chicken) and Dakgangjeong (crispy and crunchy fried chicken) that I made before, but equally yummy!



Quick & Easy Kimchi Chicken Wings

Ingredients
  • 5 pcs Chicken Wings (I use mid-joint)
  • 1 tsp Light soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp Cooking wine
  • Pinch of salt & pepper
  • Cornstarch
  • 1 clove garlic, sliced
  • 3 Tbsp Kimchi, cut into slices/shreds
  • 2 Tbsp Kimchi juice
  • 1 tsp Gochujang
  • 1/2 tsp Sugar
  • Dash of Korean sesame oil
Steps
  1. Marinate the chicken wings with light soy sauce, cooking wine, salt and pepper for at least 1 hour or overnight.
  2. Coat the chicken wings with cornstarch, tap away excess and leave for about 15 mins.
  3. Air-fry the wings at 180 degree celsius for 12 mins, turn over after 6 mins.
  4. Add a tsp of cooking oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic slices till fragrant.
  5. Add the kimchi, kimchi juice, gochujang, sugar and sesame oil, stir to mix well, and let the sauce reduce to thick consistency.
  6. Add the chicken wings, toss to coat well.
  7. Best serve hot.

I made only 5 pieces for my lunch to go with salad and they were so finger-licking good that I regretted not making more. The sauce was spicy, slight tinge of sweetness and with the umami taste of kimchi, very appetising! If you like kimchi, gochujang and chicken wings, give it a try!

맛있어요 Ma Sit Sso Yo!

 
http://thedomesticgoddesswannabe.com/2015/04/little-thumbs-up-april-2015/

 This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe.

3 comments:

  1. Hi DreamersLoft,
    I am drooling looking at your Kimchi wings. Yum! Yum!
    Thanks for sharing this to LTU!
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!

    These kimchi wings looks really fingers licking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mui & Zoe,
    Yep, I licked my fingers really clean after eating the wings! LOL :p

    ReplyDelete